Tuesday, February 17, 2015

"Float like a leaf on the river of life"

I'm perpetually torn between wanting to make a difference and knowing I can't.

As I get older, I must shed my idealistic tendencies and understand that I must simply 'be.' Not because I've been told to, but because I plague my mind with things I cannot change.

I get stuck in the mire of how shrewd the world is instead of understanding it's just a beautiful beast. Something that you can work with, or against. Something that has all the potential to eat you up and spit you out, but you love it anyway. How parasitic and abusive, yet so beautiful.

I must learn to walk the fine line of accepting how things are, but still keep an innovative thought process alive and kicking. I must focus on things I can change, and walk away from what I can't. There have been too many sleepless nights, and so many years of thought. Too many worries furrowing my brow.

I am one person and I can't fix it all even though I want to. And even though I know this is the right path, I still feel guilty for taking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment