Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Destiny Cosplay Recap

Well the con has come and gone and I am just finally getting around to posting pictures and what not. Sorry about the delay, I'm just really good at procrastinating and playing video games. Below are my WIP photos for the build, before and afters, and also the con photos.

Again, the build was relatively easy since I didn't cast any of my own materials. I used fast drying modeling clay for the wings around the wolf head and mounted it all on the motocross chest plate with epoxy putty. Whatever you're doing, make sure you rough up your materials with sand paper and then paint or glue together what you want. A Dremel is lost a necessity to someone who is serious about make their own costumes, armor, and/or props so I highly recommend getting one if you don't have it already. If anyone is serious about this kind of build that may need help or advice feel free to contact me here and I will assist you with what I can.

Projects for the future include getting a 3D printer and learning how to use it. We will take commissions once it's up and running! Other costumes I would eventually like to build are N7 armor, stormtrooper armor, Boushh (Leia as the bounty hunter in Return of the Jedi), and an appropriate wastelander outfit for a Fallout costume since I'm getting that fabulous looking pipboy with my Fallout 4 preorder ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment